Google+ PLANET FOOT 7: Finally... Gareth Bale officially to Real Madrid!

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Finally... Gareth Bale officially to Real Madrid!

Gareth Bale thanked Tottenham for making his dream world-record move to Real Madrid happen after the deal was finally agreed.

After more than two months of speculation and negotiation, Real confirmed the signing of the Wales forward for a fee understood to be a world-record 85.3million (100m).

Bale will sign a six-year contract at the Spanish club today  pending a medical  and will then be presented at the Bernabeu.

The 24-year-old, who scored 31 goals for club and country last term, admits he could not afford to turn down the chance of playing for the nine-time European champions.

I have had six very glad years at Tottenham but its the right time to say goodbye, Bale said.

I am not certain there is ever a good time to leave a club where I felt settled and was playing the best football of my career to date. I know many players speak of their want to join the club of their boyhood dreams but I can honestly say this is my dream arrive true.

I am well aware I would not be at the level I am today were it not for firstly Southampton and then Spurs standing by me during some of the tougher times, and affording me the environment and withhold they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment