Google+ PLANET FOOT 7: Soldado claims “lies” led him to leave Valencia!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Soldado claims “lies” led him to leave Valencia!

Looks like it won’t be a happy ending for Roberto Soldado at Valencia.

With a medical at Tottenham Hotspur scheduled, the striker has blasted the president of his former club.

“I’m leaving because I don’t trust in the new (Valencia) project” said Soldado. “The president all this time was telling me lies several times since I talked to him on the phone. I think the deal could have been done with sincerity but it was not.”

It’s important to get players to buy into a club’s plan for the future, and when those plans don’t pan out, the front office will often lose credibility with the players.

It appears that’s happened here.

While Valencia president Amadeo Salvo bore the brunt of Soldado’s anger, he expressed his love for the club he made over 100 La Liga appearances for.

“It is a good deal for Valencia and for me. All this time I didn’t say a word to not harm Valencia’s club image and the transfer itself until everything was totally clear” said the 28-year-old. “I wish Valencia all the best. They will always be in my heart. This decision was mine entirely and my family, no-one was pushing me to go.”

Soldado only has his medical standing in the way of the transfer’s completion. Boy that’d be awkward if he failed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment