Google+ PLANET FOOT 7: Ancelotti: PSG administration didn't have faith in my abilities!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ancelotti: PSG administration didn't have faith in my abilities!

Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has blamed Paris Saint-Germain's board for all but forcing him to leave his position at the Ligue 1 club in May of this year.

PSG won the Ligue 1 title last season in Ancelotti's first full term in charge at the Parisian club, but after a run of poor results starting in December 2012 the Italian coach said he felt he could no longer "feel the trust" of the club's management.

"It is true that we had played badly," Ancelotti told Reuters. "But I thought that after the good three months we just had, I would have a bit of tranquillity."

It was a 1-0 defeat to Reims in March that sealed Ancelotti's fate as he explained: "The day after the loss to Reims, I told  Leonardo that I would not coach PSG at the stop of the season."

The former Italy international was loath to cut his 18-month contract short, but he felt that the situation between him and the club had become untenable.

"I made this decision, I don't know if it's the right one, but it had become too complicated at PSG," the former Chelsea coach admitted.

"Everybody thought that I left because I had Real Madrid. This is not true."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment