Google+ PLANET FOOT 7: Balotelli: "I'm sorry!"

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Balotelli: "I'm sorry!"

Milan striker Mario Balotelli has apologised to his team-mates and referee Luca Banti for his behaviour in Sunday's loss at Napoli.

The Italy international was banned for insulting and threatening the referee at the end of the Serie A game that Milan lost 2-1 at house to Napoli upon Sunday.

He was yellow-carded in the second half and given a second booking, which carries a red card, after the final whistle for threatening the official.

"I am sorry for my team-mates, who train and work difficult with me," the club website quoted Balotelli as telling Sky TV. "With that (behaviour) I left them alone."

The striker continued: "I apologise to (the official) too. I should not have reacted in that way. But against Napoli it was the same old story. Fouls against me do not count, then when I do a little thing...

"I realise, however, that I must be able to resist in certain situations. Mario was wrong, therefore he apologises."
 

On Wednesday, Balotelli missed Milan's 3-3 draw at Bologna. He is also out for the forthcoming house game with Sampdoria, and the match at champions Juventus.

No comments:

Post a Comment