Google+ PLANET FOOT 7: Barcelona wanted me... and i said "No!".

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Barcelona wanted me... and i said "No!".

Brazilian defender David Luiz has revealed that he chose to stay at Chelsea despite Dani Alves and Neymar's efforts to persuade him to join Barcelona.

Luiz, 26, was a target for both Barcelona and German giants Bayern Munich during the summer but despite much speculation he chose to remain in west London.Speaking The Sun, Luiz said: "There was a formal offer from Barcelona but I decided to stay at Chelsea.

"It was not Chelsea's decision, it was mine."

It seems that Luiz's international colleagues Dani Alves and Neymar did anything they could to persuade the gifted center-back to move to the Spanish champions.

"They were sent to attempt to convince me to sign, but I was definite with them that I was staying," Luiz added.

Barcelona were in the market for a centre-back this summer and were also linked to Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany and Liverpool's Daniel Agger.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment