Google+ PLANET FOOT 7: Gonzalo Higuain: This is why i left Real Madrid!

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Gonzalo Higuain: This is why i left Real Madrid!

Gonzalo Higuain has revealed why he was depressed at Real Madrid and the reasons behind his move to Serie A side Napoli in the off-season.

Rafael Benitez was able to lure the Argentina international to Naples with a promise of more game time, and this was enough to get Higuain to pack his bags and depart the Santiago Bernabeu during the recent transfer window.

"I suffered because I wasn't always playing [at Real Madrid]," he told La Sexta. "Sometimes [Karim] Benzema started and then I got the chance to prove my worth again."

The Azzurri had to cough up 40 million for the prolific goalscorer, and it may well be a worthwhile investment as, in his 190 appearances for the Spanish giants, the hit-man managed to locate the back of the net 107 times.

The Argentine was even-handed about his time with Los Blancos, admitting that he had both good and bad times with Los Merengues.

"I had some good moments at Real Madrid, but also moments of unhappiness," he explained

"I will always be grateful to the Madrid fans, though. They showed me a lot of affection during my seven years at the club."

No comments:

Post a Comment