Google+ PLANET FOOT 7: Bolt: "I can make Bale the fastest player in history!"

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bolt: "I can make Bale the fastest player in history!"

100metre world-record holder and double Olympic gold medallist Usain Bolt believes Gareth Bale is the fastest footballer in the world, but says he can make the Real Madrid winger even quicker.

Despite concerns over his fitness due to a lack of pre-season, the Wales star clocked an amazing 40kmh during Real Madrid's draw with Villarreal in his debut. That is almost 25mph, just 2mph behind Bolt's world-record speed.24-year-old Bale, who became the most costly footballer in the sport's history after completing a world-record 85 million move to the Spanish capital from Premier League outfit Tottenham Hotspur during the summer, is already famous for his formidable pace and achieved an incredible speed of almost 25 mph during his debut for Carlo Ancelotti's men against Villarreal at Estadio El Madrigal on September 14.

Unbelievably, that is just two mph slower than Bolt's world record pace, but the athletics good believes he can make Bale even faster.

"I think Gareth is probably the fastest player in the world at the moment - but I will help him with his sprinting if he wants," the 27-year-old was quoted by the Daily Mail.

Bolt, who has arguably cemented his legacy as the most naturally talented athlete in sporting history during a glittering career littered with medals and records, pointed to the work he has done previously with Bale's illustrious teammate -  Portuguese Cristiano Ronaldo - and confidently claimed that with his help, the Welshman could become an even better player in the future.

"It is not just about how quick you can accelerate - but also when you have the football at your feet about balance while you are sprinting as well. I helped Ronaldo with his sprinting in a training session - and see what he has go upon to accomplish since then.

"I have a lot of respect for Real Madrid - and if they and Gareth desire my help I am glad to soar in and take a private training session with Gareth. I hear that he has been clocking speeds close to me - but it is about technique as well.

"I know I could make him an even better player than he already is," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment